With its sunny weather and scenic roads, the Riverside area is prime for motorcycle riding. The downside is that Riverside is also the site of numerous motorcycle accidents, resulting in hundreds of injuries and deaths each year. Often, these crashes are caused by the negligence of one or more parties such as reckless drivers, inexperienced motorists, and traffic violators.
If you need compensation after your motorcycle accident in Southern California, call Gavel Law Firm right away. We have advantageous experience in motorcycle injury claims and wrongful death cases, using our previous immersion in the insurance industry. Riverside residents trust us for their claims, and we’re ready to evaluate your case for free.
Contact us for your free consultation. Call Gavel Law Firm at (951) 289-0202.
Are Riverside Motorcycle Accidents on the Rise?
It’s unfortunate that negligent motorists are still common in Southern California despite endless efforts to ensure road safety. The latest numbers from the California Office of Traffic Safety show that in 2020, some 813 people were injured or killed in Riverside County motorcycle crashes. By comparison, there were only 787 victims in 2019.
Each accident represents painful injuries and a mountain of expenses for injured individuals, and an irreplaceable loss for bereaved families. If you’ve endured such an experience after a Riverside motorcycle accident, know that you have legal avenues for compensation and justice. Approach us at Gavel Law Firm as we’re eager to guide you through the process.
What Gavel Law Firm Can Do For You
- Provide a free assessment of your potential motorcycle crash claim
- Gather evidence and craft a solid strategy for your case
- Strongly negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Take the case to court if necessary for your full compensation
- Charge no fees until we win for you.
Our lead attorney Bryan A. Mason is a skilled and strategic advocate for the injured. He previously worked in the insurance industry and now has unique insights that are beneficial to his injury clients. With this, he can help maximize your compensation if you were injured or lost a family member in a Riverside motorcycle accident.
Who Must Pay for California Motorcycle Crash Injuries?
In California, the person who caused the accident is liable to pay for resulting injuries and other losses. The first question to ask then is: Who is at fault in your motorcycle crash? To establish this, you’ll want the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Many road users are biased against motorcyclists, assuming that bikers are carefree or reckless on the road. However, this doesn’t always mean the motorcyclist is to blame for their accident. According to one study, 60 percent of car-motorcycle collisions were caused by car drivers, not motorcyclists.
There are also numerous cases where more than one party is responsible for an accident. Under California’s comparative negligence rule, each party’s percentage of fault must be considered. If you were injured but were found to be partly at fault, your compensation could be reduced according to how much fault you contributed to the crash.
It’s crucial to have a competent attorney protecting your interests as you navigate California’s motorcycle accident laws. Gavel Law Firm provides you with a free consultation where you can get sharp legal advice from our experienced personal injury lawyer.
Common Causes of Riverside Motorcycle Crashes
- Inattentive driving. A common example is when a distracted car driver fails to see an oncoming motorcycle as the car makes a lane change or pulls out of a driveway.
- Speeding. This can include exceeding the posted speed limit or driving too fast for road conditions.
- Driving under the influence. National data show that 2,023 motorcyclists died in alcohol-involved crashes in 2021 alone (where either car driver or motorcyclist was impaired).
- Unsafe turns. A crash can occur when a car driver makes a left turn without checking if a motorcycle is approaching on the other lane.
- Lane splitting. This is when a motorcyclist travels between rows of cars that are stopped or slowed in traffic. While legal in California, this practice exposes motorcyclists to collisions.
- Defective vehicle part. Examples are malfunctioning brakes and tires prone to blowing out. The manufacturer or mechanic shop could be held responsible.
- Car door opening. Also known as “dooring,” this occurs when a car occupant opens their door and hits an oncoming motorcycle.
- Adverse weather. Motorcycles are more likely to lose balance when roads are slippery. Additionally, in low-visibility weather, other drivers are less able to see smaller vehicles like motorcycles.
- Unsafe construction site. If a road construction crew does not place sufficient warnings for motorists, they could be held liable for resulting crashes.
What Motorcycle Accident Injuries Qualify for a Claim?
A wide variety of motorcycling injuries may entitle you to a personal injury claim – from road rash and lacerations to life-threatening brain injuries and organ damage. Often, motorcycle accidents involve severe injuries because riders are not protected by seat belts or metal frames. At Gavel Law Firm, we help injured motorcyclists, car occupants, pedestrians, and others in need of compensation.
We’re proficient in handling injury cases such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Lacerations (wounds and cuts)
- Neck, shoulder, or back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Joint injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of sight or hearing
How Much Can I Receive in a Riverside Motorcycle Crash Claim?
There is no true ‘average’ value of motorcycle accident outcomes because settlements and verdicts are unique to each case. Some compensate for thousands of dollars, others reach millions. To know what your case is worth, it’s wise to get an evaluation from a personal injury lawyer.
At Gavel Law Firm, we maximize our clients’ case value by taking into account various aspects of their lives affected by their accidents. We look beyond physical injuries and existing medical bills. We consider our clients’ quality of life, future costs and income projections, mental wellbeing, and more.
In general, you may claim compensation for economic and non-economic losses, such as:
- Medical expenses (present and future)
- Rehabilitation or therapy costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earnings
- Reduced ability to earn
- Mental distress
- Diminished enjoyment of life.
If your family member was tragically killed in a Riverside motorcycle accident, we at Gavel Law Firm are also ready to assist you in a wrongful death claim. This claim may repay your funeral and burial costs, related medical expenses, lost companionship, and lost benefits. While no amount of money can undo the loss of your loved one, compensation can ease the financial strain and allow you to focus on healing.
Contact a Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from Gavel Law Firm
Since 2016, more and more Riverside residents have come to trust Gavel Law Firm in claiming their fair compensation after an accident. We know motorcycle claims from the inside out. Let our experience, strategic skills, and diligence work for you.
Start by telling us about your motorcycle accident. Your consultation is free and confidential. Call us today at (951) 289-0202 and we’ll arrange a schedule for you.